Crystal chandelier for bedroom
When choosing a chandelier, the first thing that comes to mind is that it should look good and blend in with the rest of the interior. We agree, but there are other things to consider before you go shopping for a chandelier. Let's look at them.
The central lamp provides the main illumination of the entire room. Therefore, it is worth paying enough attention to his choice. For example, did you know that you can calculate how many hands you need, or that there is an ideal floor height? But one step at a time.
How to choose a chandelier that matches the style
The chandelier completes the atmosphere of the room, so it should match perfectly with the rest of the furniture. The most common interior styles include the following: modern, urban, Scandinavian, country, rustic, Mediterranean, industrial, chateau or glamour. Have you found yours?
If the industrial style is known for its austerity, then the Scandinavian style favors minimalism and geometry. Urban - playful, and country - in harmony with natural materials. So focus on what materials you have at home and choose a chandelier that complements them. There are many materials for chandeliers on the market - from metal to plastic and crystal.
Real crystal chandeliers are suitable for modern, glamorous or castle style, they will elevate your home to the next level. What types can you choose?
- Crystal Chandeliers - a classic crystal chandelier with glass arms and a crystal finish suitable for both traditional and modern interiors.
- Maria Theresa crystal chandeliers, a world famous Czech specialty named after the Austro-Hungarian Empress Maria Theresa, are characterized by metal arms that are lined with glass mouldings. The chandelier is decorated with crystal trim. Ideal for high ceilings and large spaces.
- Contemporary lamps - crystal lamps in a modern design are suitable for interiors decorated in a modern style.
- Flush-mount ceiling chandeliers - installed directly on the ceiling and leaves no spacing between the light and the surface of the ceiling. This type of lighting is ideal for rooms that have low hanging ceilings.
How to choose the right chandelier size and number of brackets
When choosing a chandelier for your interior, its size relative to the size of the room and the height of the ceiling matters. A massive chandelier in a small room will create a feeling of tightness. On the other hand, a chandelier that is too small in a large room will look lost and disproportionate.
The recommended height (i.e. the height of the lower part of the chandelier from the floor) is 220 cm. If you are not going to walk under it, but hang it above a table, it is recommended to maintain a height of 180 cm from the ground. You can adjust the length of the hanging chain according to your needs.
As a rough guide, you can also calculate the number of chandelier brackets and the diameter of the chandelier if the chandelier is the only light source. If you also choose additional lights, the number of brackets and the diameter of the chandelier may be less.
- Number of chandelier sockets (light bulbs) = room area in m² × recommended power in watts per m² ÷ 40
Why are calculations divided by 40? Because this is the number of watts of a classic tungsten lamp with a narrow E14 base. However, these days, a 28W halogen lamp or a 4W LED lamp can also replace the classic 40W lamp.
If you do not want to deal with calculations, please contact us and we will be happy to advise you on how to choose the right chandelier and draw up a visualization in accordance with your requirements.