Features of the wall lamps choice for different types of rooms
Wall lamps are a real decoration of the home interior. With their soft light, they bring coziness and romance to the everyday environment, add personality to the rooms, set up for a comfortable stay and a pleasant pastime. In that article, we will tell you how to choose the right wall sconce for your room.
Why do you need a wall lamp?
- Local lighting - the direct purpose of the sconce. The device can be placed in the bedroom above the bed for comfortable reading, by the mirror for hygienic and cosmetic procedures, by photos or paintings to place light accents.
- Full lighting of the room. In apartments with narrow corridors, small bathrooms or low ceilings, even a compact chandelier will “eat up” the space. Several miniature wall lamps will provide enough light and harmoniously fit into the interior.
- Creation of atmosphere. The chandelier gives a bright light, which may be inappropriate in a romantic setting, for relaxation or a pleasant friendly conversation. Wall-mounted fixtures create a cozy diffused light that helps to relax.
- In one-room apartments and studios, with the help of a wall lamp, you can zone the room, dividing it into working and sleeping places, kitchen or study areas. Light accents also hide the shortcomings of the repair.
- Illumination of houses and villas outside.
Choosing a wall lamp for every kind of room
The entire area of the bedroom can be conditionally divided into a bedside area, a make-up table or a dressing table. The lighting near the bed should be soft and pleasant, but at the same time, not interfere with the sleep of others, so the sconces are chosen with a diffused flow or directed downwards. Near the dressing table, the principle of choice is the same.
If the living room already has a chandelier, then it is advisable to choose a sconce in the same style as the main lighting fixture. The most relevant installation sites are sofas, armchairs, a fireplace. Wall lamps with a directional flow are suitable here, brighter models can be used.
Sconces of any shape and configuration are appropriate here, the main requirement is a sufficient degree of moisture protection. It must be at least 4 in IP index.
The sconce in the corridor should not protrude into the passage area, so the mount is chosen to be of the minimum length, with the exception of models installed above 6.5 feet. Here you can install wall lights with a cool light temperature, and the power of the installed lamps is minimal.
Only closed-type sconces are suitable here, in which the light bulb, as well as open current-carrying parts, do not fall under the influence of snow and rain. It is appropriate to place them under canopies or awnings, the degree of dust and moisture protection should not be lower than IP44. If the wall lamp will be exposed to direct rain, take models with IP67 or IP68.